Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer daze

I don't know about y'all, but my summer days are FULL of travel and I'm just trying to keep up! Just back from a great weekend in horse country, VA with my family. Middleburg was an absolute dream and the 51st Annual Hunt County Stable Tour was a real hit! Among other things, we got the opportunity to tour some gorgeous stables, watch an Olympic rider give a horse lesson, watch horses swim in a rehabilitation pool, tour an alpaca ranch and watch a formal "presentation of the hounds" before a hunt. All while stuffing our faces with delish local fare at every stop along the way. Here are some photo highlights:

Release the hounds! How ferocious are these pups?! I spared no senior citizen nor infant in my efforts to weave through the crowd and get some cuddle time with these fellas:



Katie the horse doing some laps in her luxurious indoor pool:


And here's the picture of the weekend:

An alpaca with a handlebar mustache.


Now onto this weekend: my bestie visits from Cali-for-ni-a. We'll be enjoying some serious hiking/lodging in Shenandoah National Park and more Virginia wineries, among other things. Then it's off to Florida for more momma time. Phew.
Hope y'all are having a fabulous summer and making the most of the gorgeous weather! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment