Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Soapbox moments

Given the deliberately limited audience of this blog, I feel slightly more comfortable to make sweeping generalizations that would probably offend the masses (I mean, it's my blog and I say what I want). Although people are far too easily offended, I've still never been one to "get it off my chest" at the cost of confrontation- just not worth it. Buuuuut....(You know I'm climbing on the soapbox when I start with the Salinger-style italics!  Hold on tight y'all!)

Here's my opinion!  And I'm not afraid to share it!  (Actually I am and that's why I just spent a paragraph justifying it!)  Two sweeping generalizations that are annoying enough to mention:

1. Do not friend me on facebook if your profile picture is of your child.  I do not know your child.  I most certainly do not know your sonogram.  I probably only vaguely remember you.  So if you want me to accept you into my social networking orbit and allow you to see my personal information, I'm going to need to recognize you and your new married name probably isn't enough.  Kthx.

2.  School just got out for the summer?  Or is it finally Friday night after a week of work?  And you're BORED (as in you can't find something worth doing)?  Pshaw.  Save some days on the jobs throughout the years (which are necessary evils because I've always been workin' woman), I have never been bored a day in my life.  Boredom is an indescribably unfetching state and you should really consider doing something with your life if you find yourself fresh out of things to learn, see, watch (and I'm not talking about daytime TV folks), read, play, create, write, ponder, cultivate, etc.  You aren't bored, you're lazy.

Just feeling extra opinionated today darlings!  Now *clap clap* resume your beautiful lives!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment