Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Delish and Nutrish

For some reason I have unearthed most of my favorite food discoveries in the Giant at 9th and O. For any of you who don't know, that is the biggest shizhole of a grocery store on the planet and I honestly fear getting a cap busted on my *ss every time I walk in. It is ghetto-scary. But unfortunately I am forced to visit two grocery stores because Whole Foods doesn't carry a single item with any preservatives, and I need my skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, fat free yogurts, splenda, and a host of other things that will probably give me cancer. But they won't get me fat, y'all.

While I'm hurriedly searching the aisles of the Giant, I discover these little organic beauties in my grocer's freezer: garden lites frozen souffles. Only 2 weight watchers points (for those of who who are fluent in WW) and they're all natural. I've had two different kinds and they were both pretty tasty! And, much like other bare essentials in my life, they can only be found at the blasted Giant.

Until I'm cooking for more than one person every night, I'm stuck with things like frozen souffles most evenings, so this discovery may seem mundane to most of you, but it's the little things y'all.

Opera last night was fantastic, but I was so exhausted from my weekend/maniac lifestyle in general that i peaced out after Ophelia died. Once the female protagonist is in the creek, Hamlet is dead to me anyway and I'm glad I didn't say through extra dude death scenes only to wait in line for a cab at the Kennedy Center.

Tonight is book club at the chic home of the lovely Jess F. (turns out all of my favs are named Jess these days) and I can't wait to sip vino and get some chat with my laaaadies. xo

2 comments:

  1. Frozen Souffle in a ghetto supermarket, wow, that is a score....that would be like finding feta cheese at Hitchcocks! Or FRESH HERBS. Rawr.

    boo to Splenda and "light and fit" yogurt....go Greek Baby! (Course you are skinner that moi...so who wins that one? ha)

    MUAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is rich. cancer and other aspertame-induced ailments...come what may! at least I'll go in my size 2 skinny jeans.

    loved having you over the other night. let me know when you're free for the next calendar date! have fun with momma! xo

    ReplyDelete