Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All-American

As we all know, I came from a very small town. Like cows-crossing-the-road and get-a-whole-week-off-school-for-the-livestock-fair small. To see men dressed up like Woody from the Toy Story was the norm, not only because that was the country style, but the functionality of boots, jeans and cowboy hats makes a lot of sense when you're working on the farm all day.

So I always have a special place in my heart for country folk visiting the nation's capital. However, I can't help but giggle at seeing the full cowboy regalia walking down Pennsylvania Avenue. Which makes me wonder, what must foreign visitors think when they visit DC and see this guy standing in line at the Smithsonian?

It is hilarious y'all! I mean, these people from far off lands read books about our country's history and imagine the days of cowboys and indians, then lo and behold they arrive in Washington to discover homeskillet snapping pics of the Lincoln Memorial with fresh horse shiz on his boots. Are they thoroughly mystified and maybe a little confused? Is this hysterical to anyone but me?!

Speaking of cowboys, I'm off to Texas with my mang for the next four days. We're doing a whirlwind tour of Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Life is just too short to never have been to Texas, you know? So we're taking life by the longhorns and steamrolling through the bucket list, which is the only way to take life in my opinion. ;)

xo

2 comments:

  1. I had never thought about this persay, because cowboys don't jump out at me, but that would be funny as a foreign visitor to see the classic "American" at America's Capitol!

    I love how your mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not funny at all.

    ReplyDelete