Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ttyAfterAnIrishWeekend!

I'm off for a quick 4-day hiatus in Ireland and will return with some fabulous photos! Until then, here's where I'll be spending much of my weekend: the Castle Leslie. A good friend of Gerry's is getting married there (as did Paul McCartney!) and we'll be staying in the castle overnight as most Irish weddings last until the wee hours of the 'morn. Here are some pictures of the castle- I cannot wait to see this place!





We'll otherwise have two full days in Dublin, which will be full of fun family and friend visits, along with a trip to see the Book of Kells, which I mandated after it was the subject of a recent history pod-cast. For those of you who don't know, the Book of Kells is arguably the world's most famous book: it consists of four illuminated manuscripts in Latin, each devoted to one Gospel of the New Testament. It was created by Celtic monks somewhere around 900 A.D. and is a masterpiece of Western calligraphy. It is currently housed at Trinity College's gorgeous campus in downtown Dublin. Since I probably won't be able to take any pictures of the book itself, here's an image of a page I found online:


I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend and I promise to share some trip pictures upon return! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment