Friday, April 9, 2010

Dior

I'm not exactly a connoisseur of haute couture...I only really splurge for it when it comes to perfume (Chanel Chanel Chanel). Or fake couture on Canal Street. About all I can afford on a federal government salary. But I do love indulging in the Vanity Fair ads and was flipping through this month's issue when I turned the page to come face-to-face with one of my absolute famous femmes:


Marion Cotillard (in Shanghai apparently). The woman is not only a picture of style and grace, but she is a remarkably talented actress. La Vie en Rose, in which she portrayed Edith Piaf, was positively flawless and one of my very favorite films. The music was fantastic, as the soundtrack was nothing but originally recorded Edith Piaf hits, and Cotillard was the first person to win an Academy Award for a French language performance (a much-deserved best actress- do youtube her acceptance speech because it was adorable!). Add it to your netflix list and you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment