Friday, April 9, 2010

Cork it

Since Easter, I've been able to drink, and boy have I caught up with all those great times I missed when I was on the wagon. All of the wonderful ladies in my life who have patiently waited for my return have filled up my weeknights and how I have missed them! I probably only had 2 glasses of wine each night- more than I should on a weeknight, but still not egregious given the circumstances of each evening. Now that it's out of my system, I need to find an equilibrium. I really don't need more than a glass and that's that. Unless my favorite divas have all flown in from their respective cities across the nation and we are attending a private dance party cohosted by Lady Gaga and Big 'n Rich (in which case I would be completely justified in drinking my body weight in champagne), there is no reason for the calories and the headache!

Tuesday was date night with Biscuit at Matchbox, one of our favorite spots downtown. Wednesday night was book club at Teri's lovely home in VA, and last night was Cork wine bar with my sister and Kathryn- two ladies I haven't seen enough of lately. Phew! Fantastic week of seeing my favorites, but alcohol really is a downer! I haven't made it to the gym since Tuesday and all I want to do is go home and sleep in my poodle pajamas.

With an eye towards equilibrium, I am still on the market for some legit wine education. I noticed that Cork- in my opinion the best wine bar in this city (in which there is many a wine bar)- offers wine education classes that look like they are schedule-friendly:

http://www.corkdc.com/mktclasses.html

I know enough to know what I like in a good bottle of wine, but I'd like to know more! I've had two trips through California's Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and lived in la France for two summers. I am long overdue in some wineducation for reals.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. My wine education consists of picking a different bottle of wine at vons every week (or multiple times a week) and I do know the different regions of Cali, but that's about it. Maybe you'll be able to teach me something!

    ReplyDelete