Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cinema Italiano

Here's a little hump day pick-me-up...

Kate Hudson's dancing debut in Nine. Sadly it was the only good part of that film, aside from the irresistible Penelope Cruz, whose acting has permanently transformed for the better since Woody Allen tapped her inner crazed femme in Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

The plot of Nine was borderline insulting it was so dull, especially considering the caliber of the cast. Daniel Day-Lewis? Try emaciated faux euro with two hours of a terrible Italian accent. (Very unlike his lead in There Will Be Blood, which will forever leave me fondly reminiscing Daniel Plainview and his son, H.W.) I'm through with Nicole Kidman, a.k.a. Hollywood's matriarch fembot, and Fergie frankly freaked me out. As always, Marion Cotillard went down like a glass of champagne, but honey you aren't getting any Oscars from my academy playing a scorned ex-lover.

Kate Hudson, however, owned the only part of the movie worth watching: the Goldie-Hawn-gene-pool-meets-Bollywood dance piece. I can't seem to find the entire thing on youtube but here are some highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_P-Fn6cXqE



No comments:

Post a Comment