Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Facebook amateur hour

Part of the reason why any self-respecting, overly-opinionated, closet loud-mouth would create a blog is so they can quasi-publicly share opinions that are too sweeping for facebook, right?  (Please see one of my recent soapbox moments about an example of an utter lack of facebook etiquette that my diplomatic...err...wimpy self would never have the nerve to air live on the networking site itself!)

Well here's an average evening for you kids at home:  I crank up the 'ol laptop while nursing a glass of red and watching Wolf Blitzer's mini @ss commentate tonight's election results (one word:  depressing), and I get a facebook friend request from some yahoo named "Michael Adams" who allegedly went to high school with me.  The name doesn't ring a bell, so I check his page and here's his profile picture:


This is a true story folks.  I'm surrounded by morons.  Who shall inadvertently remain anonymous because I have no flipping CLUE who they are and any opportunity they have at ringing a bell in my rusty memory is wasted on a posted picture of some homemade vehicle contraption.  If I seem to be talking generally like this happens semi-frequently...that's because it does.  I probably have 10 (give or take) facebook friend requests indefinitely sitting in facebook friend purgatory because (1) I don't recognize the name of said "friend" (who in all honesty I probably did go to school with at some point- y'all think you know but you have no idea); and (2) I can't put a face with a name because the face is some vehicle that may or may not have been purchased in a Desert Storm-themed yard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment