Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th lovelies!

Helllooooooooooo dahlinks!  (As my Aunt Linda would say, who I'm excited to share will be joining me tomorrow at my parents' fabulous lake house outside of Knoxville, TN).  It's been an unbelievably busy week and my heartfelt apologies for lack of posting the past few days.  For a government employee especially, I've been working like a maniac!  But I did make it to book club on Wednesday night at Jackie's lovely Georgetown flat.  I even managed to run home after work to grab my bike and ride there, which, as the girls quickly pointed out, resulted in a wardrobe combination of spandex and my typical costume jewelry.  And they say people in DC can't dress!  Pshaw...

We thoroughly discussed Oscar Wilde for approximately four minutes, which was plenty long enough to establish (1) none of us cared for the book; and (2) enough with the woman-hating already.  On to Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (sprinkled with my dabbles in Harry Potter and my normal New Yorker appetite)!

For the next four days I'll be on the water, sipping vino, water skiing, reading, running, and otherwise making fun of my mother and sister (which will be reciprocated so don't start feeling sorry for them).  My stepdad and Kaycee's boyfriend will also be in tow, two high-ranking officers of the small, elite group of "men I don't hate."   I'm positively thrilled about our visitors- Aunt Linda and Uncle Griff (ab fab power couple who are certainly worth of their own blog spiel sometime soon) and the famous (infamous?) Biscuit and her lovely boyfriend.  And, most importantly, the tiny sheriff will be on duty all weekend at the helm of the pontoon boat when she's not napping in my lap.  What's not to love y'all?

Hope you all have fantastic fourths and please be safe!  xo

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having fun with the fam and of course Little Chloe!

    Enjoy Lolita....I read it freshman year and need to re-read. It was very thought provoking at the time, which is why I want to read it again, since my opinion on "thought provoking" has progressed a little since I was a freshie!

    I just finished the Associate by J. Grishman and it made me soooo much happier that you aren't moving to the big firm life in NYC. It took me about 12 hours to read it, including sleeping, so check it out if you are so inclined.

    ReplyDelete