Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Falling out of summer

Morning darlings!  Long time no chat.  Now don't judge me but before energy bill madness was upon us, I was able to fulfill most of my blogging duties from work during downtime.  But ever since the bomb exploded (and then died a sad, excruciating death at the hands of a Senate majority leader who shall remain nameless but if you don't know who he is, shame on you), I've been much busier around here and quite booked after the workday as well.  What can I say, I've been butterfly-ing all around town.  x

This morning was no exception, as I nearly killed my poor, overworked stems in Juliet's spin class.  The woman is pushing 50 and she is an outrageous physical STUD (as the military men would say).  As I gasped for breath and barely told Juliet today, I'm spinning as cross-training for my running, and I'm almost certain I've been working harder in my 45-minute spinning classes than during my weekly long runs.  Which is much-needed, as I have (get ready) FOUR half marathons and one FULL marathon in the next two months.  That's right folks- yours truly has flown off the handle and become more obsessed than ever at competitive running.  Which is ironic given the fact that I'm as slow as molasses.

There is so much to catch up on, and I will get there eventually, but first let me say that I am coming off a weekend high of a fabulous three days with the lovely Jessi-Anne, who took the nation's capital by storm and left it approximately 10 pounds lighter in champagne and vintage costume jewelry (a woman after my own heart).  And next let me say that this morning's walk to work displayed the first signs of the district falling out of summer and into autumn:  a drop below 70 degrees.  I did resist the urge to immediately switch wardrobes and bundle up in the north face, but do know that I'm about five degrees from earmuffs.

Happy Tuesday lovelies!  And welcome back to school my favorite teachers- glad to have my normal readers back and held captive to my never-ending monologue!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment